PERKINSTON — The two best teams in the MACJC South will face off Tuesday when Mississippi Gulf Coast entertains No. 14 Pearl River at the Weathers-Wentzell Center.
The Bulldogs and Wildcats are undefeated in the division, and PRCC is the last unbeaten team in the country. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 pm.
The game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8534104.
- MGCCC: 12-1/4-0 MACJC South, T-1st in division
- PRCC: 13-0/4-0 MACJC South, T-1st in division
Last Time Out
- Dillyn Neely (Fr., Biloxi/Biloxi) had 13 to lead Gulf Coast to a 72-42 blowout of Meridian.
- Pearl River won 91-80 at Hinds on Thursday behind 23 from Eric Thornton Jr.
The last meetings between the two teams came in the Region 23 Tournament last March. Pearl River won 66-57 at Clinton. DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) led the Bulldogs with 14 points.
"I see a group of guys (in PRCC) that has good size. They play very hard, and they're very athletic. They do what they like to do pretty doggone well. We've got to what we've done. We have to make them play 5-on-5 and not give them any easy baskets." – Coach Wendell Weathers
- Gulf Coast leads the country in scoring defense, allowing only 59.6 points per game. The Bulldogs have held their last five opponents to 65 points or less.
- Gulf Coast opponents are shooting just 38.0 percent from the floor, ninth best in the NJCAA.
- DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) averages 4.0 offensive rebounds per game, tied for ninth in the NJCAA.
- LaRaymond Spivery (So., Lucedale/George County) dishes out 2.7 assists per game, 17th best in the NJCAA.
- Thursday, at Jones, 7:30 p.m., Ellisville
- Jan. 28, vs. Hinds, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 31, at East Central, 7:30 p.m., Decatur
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.