If Mississippi Gulf Coast can win its final three games, the Bulldogs can still claim at least a share of the MACJC South title. Their first test will be a tough one Thursday, visiting No. 12 Pearl River.
Tipoff in Poplarville is set for 7:30 p.m. The game will be streamed at http://prccathletics.com.
- MGCCC: 17-3/9-2 MACJC South, T-2nd in division
- Pearl River: 19-1/10-1 MACJC South, 1st in division
Thursday around the MACJC South
- T4. Hinds at T6. Copiah-Lincoln, 7:30 p.m.
- T6. East Central at 8. Meridian, 7:30 p.m.
- T4. Southwest at T2. Jones, 7:30 p.m.
Last Time Out
- MGCCC pitched a shutout in overtime to win 61-51 at Meridian. Keevon Oney (So., Gulfport/Gulfport) led the Bulldogs with 25 points.
- Pearl River bashed Hinds 89-46 at Utica on Monday night. Christopher Agbo had 20 points to lead the Wildcats.
Gulf Coast slowed down PRCC for one half before the Wildcats took over the game in transition and won 73-63 on Jan. 22. Oney had 15 points to lead the Bulldogs, and DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) had eight rebounds and five blocks.
"We're not going to approach them any differently than last time. What we've got to do is make them play five-on-five. WE cannot give them runouts and easy baskets, so we can't turn the ball over. Our defense has been solid, and we have to rebound." – Gulf Coast coach Wendell Weathers.
- Gulf Coast ranks second in NJCAA Division II allowing just 62.2 points per game. The Bulldogs are holding opponents to 38.7 percent shooting from the floor, eighth-best in the nation.
- Dillyn Neely (Fr., Biloxi/Biloxi) is making 48.9 percent of his 3-pointers, third in the MACJC and 23rd in the country.
- DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) is grabbing 3.4 offensive boards per game, fifth-best in the MACJC and 30th in the NJCAA.
- LaRaymond Spivery (So., Lucedale/George County) is averaging 2.3 steals, third in the MACJC.
- Monday, vs. Jones, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Feb. 21, at Hinds, 7:30 p.m., Utica
- Feb. 26, MACJC Tournament
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.