Mississippi Gulf Coast will be looking to head into the postseason on a good note Thursday when the Bulldogs travel to Utica to play Hinds.
Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m. The game will be streamed at https://www.hindsccsports.net.
Gulf Coast has clinched spots in the MACJC and Region 23 tournaments, and still has an outside shot to get a share of the MACJC South title. The Bulldogs would have to win at Hinds and see Jones and Pearl River be upset at home.
- MGCCC: 18-4/10-3 MACJC South, 3rd in division
- Hinds: 11-11/4-9 MACJC South, T-5th in division
Thursday night in the MACJC South
- T5. Copiah-Lincoln at T1. Jones, 7:30 p.m.
- 4. East Central at T5. Southwest, 7:30 p.m.
- 8. Meridian at T1 Pearl River, 7:30 p.m.
Last Time Out
- Gulf Coast fell for the second time this season to Jones on Monday, losing 85-75. DaJuan Moorer (So., Pensacola, Fla./Pensacola Catholic) had 23 points and eight rebounds, both team highs, and Willie Logan added 22.
- Hinds lost its third straight game Monday, falling 85-68 at East Central. Dontrell McQuarter led Hinds with 17 point.
Gulf Coast won 82-72 at Perkinston on Jan. 28, getting 36 points from Dillyn Neely (Fr., Biloxi/Biloxi) on 10-of-13 shooting from the 3-point line. The Bulldogs led by as many as 21 in the second half.
- Feb. 25-28, MACJC Tournament, Ellisville
- March 5-8, Region 23 Tournament, Clinton
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.