PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast resumes divisional play Thursday when the Lady Bulldogs travel to Copiah-Lincoln for their second game of 2019.
They'll be trying to maintain a share of first place when the game tips off at 5:30 p.m. The game will be streamed at https://www.colinathletics.com/general/live_stream.
- MGCCC: 5-3/1-0, T-1st MACJC South
- Copiah-Lincoln: 9-1/0-1, T-5th MACJC South
Last Time Out
- MGCCC defeated Bishop State 72-51 in Perkinston, led by a 15-point, 11-rebound performance from Kayla Simmons (Fr., Brandon/Brandon). Daphane White (Fr., Gulfport/St. Martin) had a double-double of her own in her season debut, scoring 12 and grabbing 15 boards.
- Co-Lin cruised past Southern Arkansas University Tech 91-67. Darien Tubby lead four Lady Wolves in double digits with 22 points.
Copiah-Lincoln defeated MGCCC 78-63 on Feb. 5 in Wesson.
"We've got to eliminate turnovers and control the boards. If we can contain their guards and play the game we've been playing the last three games, we'll come out with a victory." – Coach Hope Adams
- Simmons needs one more game to qualify for the NJCAA leaderboard, but her 14.5 rebounds per game would rank her third in the country.
- Mia Goolsby (Fr., Greenville, S.C./Legacy Early College) is fourth in the country with a 4.6 assist/turnover ratio
- Monday, at Southwest, 5:30 p.m., Summit
- Jan. 17, vs. Meridian, 5:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 22, vs. Pearl River, 5:30 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.