PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast has a chance to push another team below it in the standings Thursday when the Lady Bulldogs entertain Meridian at 5:30 p.m.
Gulf Coast is tied for second in the MACJC South with the Lady Eagles and Copiah-Lincoln.
The game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8525987.
- MGCCC: 6-4/2-1 MACJC South, T-2nd in division
- Meridian: 8-4/2-1 MACJC South, T-2nd in division
Last Time Out
- MGCCC rallied from seven down in the final minutes to win 81-74 at Southwest on Monday. Breannah McCullah (So., Edwards/Raymond) had 18 points, including the go-ahead bucket with 45.5 seconds left, and 10 rebounds. Kayla Simmons (Fr., Brandon/Brandon) had 17 points and 13 rebounds, while Allison Martin (Fr., Edwards/Raymond) led the team with 19 points.
- Meridian edged Hinds at home 78-76 on Jordan Bell's 3-pointers at the buzzer. She had 13 points, and Sarah Allen led the Lady Eagles with 21 points.
Gulf Coast lost 70-58 to Meridian on the road on Feb. 12. Briana Thompson (So., Jackson/Wingfield) and Eanna Sims had 13 points each for the Lady Bulldogs.
"We have to defend. If we can create turnovers, and execute off those turnovers in transition, plus eliminate our turnovers, we should be able to win." – Coach Hope Adams
- Tuesday, vs. Pearl River, 5:30 p.m., Perkinston
- Jan. 24, at Jones, 5:30 p.m., Ellisville
- Jan. 28, vs. Hinds, 5:30 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.