Campbell stays with Bulldogs
Campbell, who’s 79-20 in nine seasons at Gulf Coast, was offered the head coaching job at Northwestern (LA) State but turned it down to stay with the Bulldogs.
The Pensacola, FL native helped lead the Bulldogs to a 9-2 record in 2012 which includes an MACJC South Division title, a sixth straight trip to the MACJC title game, and a No. 6 final ranking in the NJCAA.
During Campbell’s tenure, Gulf Coast has won an NJCAA National Championship (2007), three MACJC titles (2007, 2008, 2010), six MACJC South Division titles (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012), and finished the season ranked in the NJCAA top 8 every year since 2006.
“I’ve said this before, but our success can be contributed to the wonderful players we’ve had here at Gulf Coast,” Campbell added. “Every Saturday our former players are playing in college games all over the country, and on Sunday’s people can also watch former Bulldogs playing in the NFL. It gives us a sense of pride that they got their start here at Gulf Coast.”
Gulf Coast has also been ranked an amazing 102 straight weeks in the NJCAA poll. In those nine seasons, Gulf Coast has produced 28 NJCAA All-Americans, nearly 100 players that moved on to play at four-year colleges and universities, and eight current and former NFL players. Campbell’s teams have also produced 20 NJCAA Academic All-Americans.
“Coach Campbell has helped make Gulf Coast a National football powerhouse,” said Ladd Taylor, Gulf Coast dean of athletics. “His dedication and loyalty to our program is unparalleled. The fact that he continues to remain part of the Gulf Coast family is proof that our level of competition is among the best in the Nation. Not only are his players great athletes, but they also leave here as better people.”
Stories13 and Under Soccer Camp
Softball Skills Camp
Fall 2013 Showcase and Fall League
Junior Tennis Camp
Men's Basketball Team Camp
Soccer Team Camp
Women's Basketball Team Camp
Football Lineman Camp
Football Special Teams Camp
MGCCC’S Owens named NJCAA All-American
Other Bulldog News• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Grantham responds to Muschamp, says he has confidence in Bulldogs' defense
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• Nick Saban's Ga. mountain mansion to be auctioned
• LSU Football Recruiting 2014: Updates on Commits, Visits and Offers