MGCCC softball splits with Faulkner State
The Lady Bulldogs (9-4) dropped game one 3-2 after tying the game 2-2 in the sixth on an RBI single by Dani Craft. After Faulkner scored a run in the top of the seventh, Gulf Coast had runners on second and third but Shalaria Pickens flied out to end the game. Craft went 2-for-3 with 2 RBI in the loss.
In the nightcap, Reina Baluja’s RBI single scored Morgan Fairley in the bottom of the seventh to secure the 4-3 win. Fairley, Ashley Hickman, and Lea Kittrell each had two hits in the win while Olivia Ladnier went the distance in the circle and struck out 5.
Gulf Coast hosts Baton Rouge Wednesday with games at 3 & 5 p.m. in the last non-division doubleheader before MACJC South Division play begins Saturday, Mar. 9 with a doubleheader at Hinds.
StoriesMGCCC softball bows out at Region 23 Tourney
#7 MGCCC outguns Pearl River @ Region 23 Tourney
#8 Jones outlasts #7 MGCCC for MACJC softball title
#7 MGCCC plows Northeast 9-0 at MACJC Tourney
MACJC Softball Tournament moved to Saturday/Sunday
#7 MGCCC secures MACJC South Division Crown
MGCCC’S Baluja MACJC Softball Pitcher of the Week
#8 MGCCC splits with #6 Jones
No. 8 MGCCC softball sweeps Pearl River
#5 MGCCC softball splits at East Central
Other Bulldog News• D'Haquille Williams decommits from LSU
• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• EMCC?s Roberts chosen to All-Region 23
• LSU Football Recruiting 2014: Updates on Commits, Visits and Offers