MGCCC baseball splits with Baton Rouge
PERKINSTON---Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College extended its winning streak to eight then fell 7-2 in the nightcap to split Tuesday’s doubleheader with Baton Rouge.
MGCCC’S Cam Cochran struck out 8 in a win over Baton Rouge Mar. 5.
The Bulldogs (13-3), ranked No. 15 in the NJCAA’S D-II poll, blasted Baton Rouge 11-1 behind back-to-back homeruns to open the game by Kyle Clement and Chris Burdette. Gulf Coast pounded out 16 hits, with Burdette and Tyler Quave each leading the team with three. Clement, Blake Lawson, and Garrett Odom each had two hits with Quave and Michael Gilbert adding 2 RBI apiece. Starting pitcher Cam Cochran (3-0) went six innings and struck out eight in the win.
In game two, The Bulldogs could only manage four hits while starting pitcher Stuart Holmes (3-1) suffered his first loss of the season.
This Saturday Gulf Coast travels to Eunice, LA for two games with LSU-E and Northeast Texas.
StoriesMGCCC baseball to hold open tryouts
MGCCC baseball falls at Northeast
MGCCC baseball upends Northeast in MACJC Playoffs
MGCCC baseball series moved to Saturday/Sunday
MGCCC baseball headed back to post-season
MGCCC baseball splits with East Central
MGCCC baseball splits at Southwest
MGCCC baseball splits at Jones
#9 Pearl River sweeps MGCCC baseball
MGCCC baseball splits with Hinds
Other Bulldog News• Johnson seeks new position with Saints
• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Grantham responds to Muschamp, says he has confidence in Bulldogs' defense
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• Nick Saban's Ga. mountain mansion to be auctioned