Illinois Central sweeps MGCCC baseball
PERKINSTON---Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has gone from riding an eight game winning streak to enduring a five game losing skid, with the latest two losses came Tuesday afternoon as Illinois Central swept the Bulldogs 10-3 and 13-10 in nine innings.
Kyle Clement looks on as Illinois Central runner Zach Jacobs slides into second base Mar. 12.
In game one three Bulldog pitchers gave up eight earned runs while the offense scattered eight hits, with Michael Gilbert generating two of them.
The nightcap went into extra innings tied 9-9 before Illinois Central plated four runs in the top of the ninth to secure the sweep. Blake Lawson had two hits including a homerun while Chris Burdette, Kyle Clement, and Taylor Hardy also had two hits. Jordan Mata was the only one out of seven Gulf Coast pitchers to not allow an earned run in the 13-10 loss.
Gulf Coast (13-7) goes on the road to open MACJC South Division play Saturday at Hinds.
StoriesMGCCC’S Clement, Cochran earn All-MACJC honors
MGCCC baseball to hold open tryouts
MGCCC baseball falls at Northeast
MGCCC baseball upends Northeast in MACJC Playoffs
MGCCC baseball series moved to Saturday/Sunday
MGCCC baseball headed back to post-season
MGCCC baseball splits with East Central
MGCCC baseball splits at Southwest
MGCCC baseball splits at Jones
#9 Pearl River sweeps MGCCC baseball
Other Bulldog News• D'Haquille Williams decommits from LSU
• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• EMCC?s Roberts chosen to All-Region 23
• LSU Football Recruiting 2014: Updates on Commits, Visits and Offers