D’Angelo one of two MGCCC golf signees
“We’re getting two exceptional golfers that will make a very good team that much better,” said Tommy Snell, Gulf Coast golf coach.
D’Angelo played golf at Long Beach High School and was also the team’s starting quarterback. However, the brother of former Southern Miss quarterback Mickey D’Angelo decided to turn in his football cleats for golf spikes. D’Angelo’s parents, Joey and Terri, have both had solid careers as high schools coaches on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Thornton, who began playing varsity golf at George County High School in the seventh grade, helped lead the Rebels to three State titles during his six years of competition.
In fact, Thornton and D’Angelo competed against each other several times on the Coast high school golf circuit but will now be teammates at Gulf Coast.
StoriesMGCCC Golf Team Third at NJCAA D-II Tournament
MGCCC Golf makes it a Region 23 "Six-Peat"
MGCCC 4th at MACJC Tourney
MGCCC golf takes MACJC event #2
MGCCC golf takes MACJC 2013 opener
MACJC Golf Season Tees Off Sunday
Gulf Coast Inks Three Golfers
South Mountain takes MGCCC Fall Invitational
MGCCC golf team gears up for Fall Invitational
MGCCC Golf 5th at Meridian Invitational
Other Bulldog News• D'Haquille Williams decommits from LSU
• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• LSU Football Recruiting 2014: Updates on Commits, Visits and Offers
• Pascagoula mom mourns son lost in river accident