MGCCC soccer heads for home stretch
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is hoping for more post-season action again in 2011, but some recent struggles have slowed down their momentum down the stretch.
MGCCC'S Taylor Walker (9) helps her Lady Bulldog teammates as they get ready for the end of the 2011 regular season.
On Oct. 8 both Bulldog soccer teams lost to Pearl River, with the Lady Bulldogs falling 2-1 and the men losing 2-0.
Monday afternoon the Lady Bulldogs (11-4) got goals from Kelsi Weaver and Brianna Holmes in a 2-1 win on the road at Northwest. The men (10-4-1) played to a double overtime, 0-0 tie with Northwest. The Bulldogs have now gone three straight games without scoring a goal.
Gulf Coast jumps back into MACJC South Division action Wednesday at Southwest then concludes the regular season at home against Co-Lin with games at 5:30/7:30 p.m.
StoriesMGCCC soccer holds awards dinner
Soccer Camp (PDF)
MGCCC’S Guice an NSCAA Scholar All-American
MGCCC soccer teams reflect in 2012 season
MGCCC soccer winds down the regular season
Pearl River sweeps MGCCC soccer
MGCCC soccer finishes extended road trip
MGCCC soccer sweeps Co-Lin
MGCCC soccer sweeps Southwest
MGCCC soccer splits with Jones
Other Bulldog News• D'Haquille Williams decommits from LSU
• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Grantham responds to Muschamp, says he has confidence in Bulldogs' defense
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• Nick Saban's Ga. mountain mansion to be auctioned