Former MGCCC Bulldog Porter opens strong at Miss. State
He came up big while at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, now former Bulldog and current Mississippi State designated hitter Trey Porter is doing the same for the Diamond Dogs in Starkville.
(courtesy MSU Athletics): Former MGCCC Bulldog Trey Porter batted .600 in MSU’S season opening series vs. Washington State.
Porter, a Hurley native and 2011 NJCAA All-American, has been named Mississippi State Player of the Week after going 6-for-10 including two homeruns and 4 RBI in the Bulldogs’ open season series against Washington State.
He singled in his first two plate appearances in Friday's 6-2 win over the Cougars and finished the weekend with a .545 on-base percentage and 1.300 slugging percentage after lacing a double and belting a pair of game-tying home runs in Sunday's doubleheader.
StoriesMGCCC baseball to hold open tryouts
MGCCC baseball falls at Northeast
MGCCC baseball upends Northeast in MACJC Playoffs
MGCCC baseball series moved to Saturday/Sunday
MGCCC baseball headed back to post-season
MGCCC baseball splits with East Central
MGCCC baseball splits at Southwest
MGCCC baseball splits at Jones
#9 Pearl River sweeps MGCCC baseball
MGCCC baseball splits with Hinds
Other Bulldog News• D'Haquille Williams decommits from LSU
• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Grantham responds to Muschamp, says he has confidence in Bulldogs' defense
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• Nick Saban's Ga. mountain mansion to be auctioned