Football camp draws huge crowd in 2012
PERKINSTON---Although it’s the middle of June, football is the name of the game as far as the eye can see this week at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Perkinston Campus.
The Annual MGCCC Football Camp drew more than 470 players in 2012.
At least 475 high school football players from around the State & Region are attending the annual Gulf Coast Football Camp, which has expanded this year to include skill players on both sides of the ball. In the past, the widely popular camp featured instruction for offensive and defensive linemen.
“It’s probably the biggest camp in the State,” said Gulf Coast head coach Steve Campbell, who’s entering his ninth season with the Bulldogs. “We’ve got the offensive and defensive linemen on the soccer field, the offensive skill players on the main football field, and the defensive skill players on another practice field.”
For three days, the campers will literally eat, sleep, and drink football as they work through the summer heat and strive to get better before this fall. Many Coast high school teams have sent multiple players to the camp including Gulfport, West Harrison, Ocean Springs, Vancleave, and East Central just to name a few.
“We also have some of the schools competing in seven-on-seven practice games during the day and in a tournament each night to add to the competitive atmosphere,” Campbell added.
StoriesJosh Wells earns 2013 MACJC Hall of Fame honors
Blue and Gold scrimmage caps off MGCCC spring football
Lineman Camp - Skill/Team Camp
MGCCC football inks 25 on National Signing Day
Jenkins keeps MGCCC Bulldog legacy going at Senior Bowl
Former MGCCC Bulldogs Super Bowl bound
Ballard-Cody game highlights MGCCC alums in NFL Playoffs
11 MGCCC Bulldogs sign with NCAA schools
MGCCC’S Williams & Brauchle earn 2012 NJCAA All-American honors
MGCCC football team honored at awards dinner
Other Bulldog News• D'Haquille Williams decommits from LSU
• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• EMCC?s Roberts chosen to All-Region 23
• LSU Football Recruiting 2014: Updates on Commits, Visits and Offers