Chris Handy enters his eighth season as Mississippi Gulf Coast men’s soccer coach with a record of 77-39-7. His Bulldogs have won 61 games over the last five seasons and blitzed through the MACJC South Division undefeated in two of the seasons with an 18-0 record.
He wore both men’s and women’s coaching hats in taking the teams to the 2013 postseason and was named 2014 South Region Men’s Coach of the Year by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
Handy was the assistant men’s coach at Tyler Junior College from 2007-11, where the teams went 89-9-6 with back-to-back NJCAA titles in 2009-10. He played and interned at Florida International University in 2005-6, where he graduated with a degree in strength and conditioning. Handy also has a master’s in education in kinesiology from the University of Texas at Tyler.
The Austin, Texas, native played at Tyler Junior College, where he was an All-Region and two-time Academic All-Region selection. He and his wife, Apryl, have two kids, Jazzlyn, 6, and Jaxon, 3.
Chris Handy MGCCC Record
- 2017: Won men’s MACJC South Division championship
- 2016: Won men’s MACJC South Division championship
- 2013: Took men's and women's teams to postseason
- 2007-2011: Assistant men’s coach, Tyler (Texas) Junior College (89-9-6, back-to-back NJCAA titles in 2009-10, NJCAA 3rd Place in 2011)
- 2005-2006: Played/interned at Florida International University
- 2003-2004: Played at Tyler and helped team to a 17-3-2 record and a trip to the region finals in 2005... Earned All-Region honors and was a two-time Academic All-Region selection... Also named to the Dean’s List and to the international honor society Phi Theta Kappa.
- Austin, Texas, native